Veggie noodles with curried coconut sauce
• 2 green courgettes
• 2 yellow courgettes
• 1 large carrot
• 2 corn cobs (kernels only)
• 200 g fresh peas
• 1 large handful of mixed herbs, such as coriander, flat-leaf parsley, rosemary, oregano, thyme
CURRIED COCONUT SAUCE
• 1 small banana shallot
• 1 small clove of garlic
• 3cm piece of turmeric , or 2 tesapoons ground turmeric
• 1 lime , plus extra to serve
• 200 ml coconut milk
• 300 ml coconut water
• 100 g unsweetened desiccated coconut
• 1 teaspoon medium-hot curry powder
First make the sauce. Peel and roughly chop the shallot, garlic and ginger, roughly chop the chilli. Juice the turmeric, if using fresh. Zest and juice the lime.
Blitz all the sauce ingredients in a food processor until combined, then season to taste – the sauce should be smooth and creamy.
Using a julienne peeler or spiraliser, cut the courgettes and carrot into long noodles. Place in a bowl with the rest of the vegetables, slicing the mangetout diagonally.
Pour over the sauce and mix well. Pick, finely chop and sprinkle over the herbs and reserved coconut.
Leave to marinate for 30 minutes, until the ‘noodles’ have softened slightly, then serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.